I have been trying to take at least an hour, every day, away from my desk. I do this by scheduling myself a three hour break in the day — which guarantees me an hour. (Don’t ask questions, just go with it.)
But my breaks generally look like this:
- Play a couple of words in WWF.
- Play a couple of lives in Candy Crush.
- Read a chapter of my book.
- Fold a load of laundry and put away four loads of laundry.
- Move a load of laundry from the washer tot he dryer and start another load of laundry.
- Clean the dead leftovers out of the fridge, load the dishwasher and start the dishwasher.
- Answer three emails.
If I’m really lucky, I’ll also squeeze a shower into that hour break.
At the end of that hour, it doesn’t really seem like I’ve had a break … ya know?
I think I might be doing this wrong?